Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Worried About Owing Money After A Ventura County Short Sale?

Ventura County CA – We recently received an email from Joy. She was thinking about a short sale, but was worried about a deficiency.

Here is a sentence from her email: "We obviously want to get the price as close to fair market value as possible to eliminate or reduce any deficiency the bank may assess, but also want the house to move as quickly as possible."

Click here to discover how other sellers successfully did a short sale and avoided foreclosure.

Here is the good news for Joy. In about 80-90% of all cases the homeowner is allowed to walk away without a deficiency. Yes, banks are releasing homeowners from hundreds of thousands of dollars in upside debt.

We've seen homeowners walk away from $300,000, $500,000, and more in upside down debt. It's like a "Get Out Of Jail Free" Card.

So, how do you find out if you will not owe a deficiency after a short sale? Here is the first step. Find out who owns your loan. Even if you send your monthly payment to ABC Bank it is likely that your loan is owned or insured by one of the one of the following entities.

Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. There is about a 60% chance that your loan is owned by one of these two entities. If they own your loan, then mortgage forgiveness will be granted according to their policies.

FHA Insured. FHA does not own your loan. But, they insure the owner against loss which means that they will be writing the check for the loss. As a result, they dictate whether or not the debt is forgiven.

VA Insured. The Veteran's Administration does not own your loan. But, they insure the owner against much of the loss. As a result, they dictate whether or not the debt is forgiven.

USDA Insured. USDA does not own your loan, but insures the owner against much of the loss. As a result, they dictate whether or not the debt is forgiven.

Sliced and Diced Loan. This is a mortgage that has been securitized. It is called "Sliced and Diced" because of the way the ownership of each loan is sliced up and sold off to thousands of different people.

The actual owners of the loan are the people that bought the securitized loan product.
Once you have found out who owns your loan, then you move to the next step. That is to find out the short sale deficiency guidelines of the individual owner or insurer of your mortgage. Thinking about a short sale?

I can help you short sale your property and get back on your feet. Send me an e-mail at I will contact you for a free consultation.

When we talk, I will explain how the process works in detail and answer any questions you may have. Or, if you prefer, you can call me at 805-208-0823.

Discover how other sellers successfully completed a short sale and request a free consultation by clicking here.

Thinking about a loan modification? Our Ventura County loan modification kit has the instructions you will need to get a loan modification approved with your bank. Click here to request a copy.

Thanks for reading this,

Chris B Johnson, Realtor
Chris is a Real Estate Agent at Prudential California Realty.
Phone: 805-208-0823.
Certified HAFA Specialist, Certified Short Sale Specialist, Certified Distressed Property Expert

Which way is the Real Estate Market Headed?
Get a Market Snapshot of your neighborhood:
MLS Market Snapshot Has the Market Stabilized

View My homes for sale at

 Get your Free Report for All Your Options HERE: Certified Distressed Property Expert,

Chris B Johnson provides HAFA Loan Modification and short sales help, Short Sales in Moorpark, Short Sales in Thousand Oaks, Short Sales in Westlake Village, Short Sales in Newbury Park, Short Sales in Camarillo, Short Sales in Santa Rosa Valley, Short Sales in Somis, Short Sales in Lake Sherwood, and Short Sales in Simi Valley California. Moorpark Loan Modification Help, Thousand Oaks Loan Modification Help, Westlake Village Loan Modification Help , Newbury Park Loan Modification Help, Camarillo Loan Modification Help, Santa Rosa Valley Loan Modification Help, Somis Loan Modification Help, Lake Sherwood Loan Modification Help, and Simi Valley Loan Modification Help, Moorpark short sales , Thousand Oaks short sales, Westlake Village short sales, Newbury Park short sales , Camarillo short sales, Santa Rosa Valley short sales, Somis short sales, Lake Sherwood short sales, and Simi Valley short sales. Moorpark Short Sale Specialist , Realtor, Moorpark Short Sale Specialist , Realtor, Short Sale Specialist , Realtor, Ventura County CA Short Sales. Stop Foreclosure in Ventura County, Certified HAFA Specialist, Moorpark Short Sale Specialist, Thousand Oaks Short Sale Specialist, Westlake Village Short Sale Specialist , Newbury Park Short Sale Specialist, Camarillo Short Sale Specialist , Simi Valley Short Sale Specialist, Moorpark CA Short Sales, Thousand Oaks CA Short Sales, Westlake Village CA Short Sales, Newbury Park CA Short Sales, Camarillo CA Short Sales, Simi Valley CA Short Sales, Ventura County Foreclosure Help, Moorpark Foreclosure Help, Certified Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative Specialist, HAFA, HAMP. CA. DRE 10501699.You can find Ventura County Short Sale Specialist, Realtor, at 587 W. Los Angeles Avenue, Moorpark, CA. 93021Chris also specializes in loan modification assistance and short sales in Ventura County California. Ventura County Loan Modification Help, Ventura County Short Sales.
Ventura County Short Sale Specialist, Realtor, Short Sale Specialist, Realtor, Ventura County CA Short Sales. Ventura County Specialist, Realtor, ,
Certified Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative Specialist . Always check with a good real estate attorney to find out the laws in your state. There are also legal aid non profits that can give you advice on what to do to stop a garnishment or bank account seizure.

You should also look at California SB458. With the passage of SB458, the Expanded Anti-Deficiency Law May Have Unintended Consequences on Ventura County Short Sales. So Please read

For Disclosure, and more information on Mortgage Assistance Relief Services, please see Code 16 of Federal Regulations (FTC), Part 322, or , and always consult your CPA, Accountant, Financial Advisor and Attorney before you any financial or legal decisions. Also see

No comments:

Post a Comment