Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Ventura County Short Sales: Facing Foreclosure And Your Lender Changed The Locks?

Ventura County CA – Many homeowners facing foreclosure come home to find the locks on their doors changed out. They are locked out of their own home.

We have seen lenders do this to homeowners who still own and live in their home. In one example, an American Veteran was facing foreclosure. He went to the hospital for some medical treatment.

Click here to discover how other sellers successfully did a short sale and avoided foreclosure.

He came home to find the locks on his home changed. All of his personal belongings had been put out at the curb. Some items were missing.

Don't be surprised that this is happening. We recently saw a story that Bank of America allegedly foreclosed on a paid off house. If this does happen to you, then please remember that the lender is breaking the law.

They are not allowed to change out the locks on your home until they have completed the foreclosure proceedings and evicted you from your home.

(Most lenders usually pay homeowners to move rather than bother with an eviction.) It is your home and you own it until the lender has foreclosed on it. In addition, you still have the right to live there until an eviction is finalized.

Fortunately homeowners have rights (although the banks don't think that they should.). Here is what you should do if this happens to you.

1. File a police report against your lender for breaking and entering.
2. Contact your senators, and the Attorney General for your state.
3. Hire an Attorney and get some cash for your aggravation. In the example above, the Veteran received compensation for having his rights violated and was reimbursed for the missing personal belongings.

People get paid whenever a large corporation breaks the law. I estimate that you can get between $5,000 and $10,000 for your time and money.

The lenders are breaking the law and should face criminal and civil penalties. The lawyer representing you has a lot of leverage because he can subpoena the bank and find out the employee who made the mistake.

That employee and the person who actually came out to the house could face criminal charges. It will be less expensive for your lender to pay you versus having to deal with an employee facing criminal charges and jail time.

Thinking about a short sale? I can help you short sale your property and get back on your feet. Send me an e-mail at I will contact you for a free consultation.

When we talk, I will explain how the process works in detail and answer any questions you may have. Or, if you prefer, you can call me at 805-208-0823.

Discover how other sellers successfully completed a short sale and request a free consultation by clicking here.

Thinking about a loan modification? Our Ventura County loan modification kit has the instructions you will need to get a loan modification approved with your bank. Click here to request a copy.

Thanks for reading this,

 Chris B Johnson, Realtor
Chris is a Real Estate Agent at Prudential California Realty.
Phone: 805-208-0823.
Certified HAFA Specialist, Certified Short Sale Specialist, Certified Distressed Property Expert

Which way is the Real Estate Market Headed?
Get a Market Snapshot of your neighborhood:
MLS Market Snapshot Has the Market Stabilized

View My homes for sale at

 Get your Free Report for All Your Options HERE: Certified Distressed Property Expert,

Chris B Johnson provides HAFA Loan Modification and short sales help, Short Sales in Moorpark, Short Sales in Thousand Oaks, Short Sales in Westlake Village, Short Sales in Newbury Park, Short Sales in Camarillo, Short Sales in Santa Rosa Valley, Short Sales in Somis, Short Sales in Lake Sherwood, and Short Sales in Simi Valley California. Moorpark Loan Modification Help, Thousand Oaks Loan Modification Help, Westlake Village Loan Modification Help , Newbury Park Loan Modification Help, Camarillo Loan Modification Help, Santa Rosa Valley Loan Modification Help, Somis Loan Modification Help, Lake Sherwood Loan Modification Help, and Simi Valley Loan Modification Help, Moorpark short sales , Thousand Oaks short sales, Westlake Village short sales, Newbury Park short sales , Camarillo short sales, Santa Rosa Valley short sales, Somis short sales, Lake Sherwood short sales, and Simi Valley short sales. Moorpark Short Sale Specialist , Realtor, Moorpark Short Sale Specialist , Realtor, Short Sale Specialist , Realtor, Ventura County CA Short Sales. Stop Foreclosure in Ventura County, Certified HAFA Specialist, Moorpark Short Sale Specialist, Thousand Oaks Short Sale Specialist, Westlake Village Short Sale Specialist , Newbury Park Short Sale Specialist, Camarillo Short Sale Specialist , Simi Valley Short Sale Specialist, Moorpark CA Short Sales, Thousand Oaks CA Short Sales, Westlake Village CA Short Sales, Newbury Park CA Short Sales, Camarillo CA Short Sales, Simi Valley CA Short Sales, Ventura County Foreclosure Help, Moorpark Foreclosure Help, Certified Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative Specialist, HAFA, HAMP. CA. DRE 10501699.You can find Ventura County Short Sale Specialist, Realtor, at 587 W. Los Angeles Avenue, Moorpark, CA. 93021Chris also specializes in loan modification assistance and short sales in Ventura County California. Ventura County Loan Modification Help, Ventura County Short Sales.
Ventura County Short Sale Specialist, Realtor, Short Sale Specialist, Realtor, Ventura County CA Short Sales. Ventura County Specialist, Realtor, ,
Certified Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative Specialist . Always check with a good real estate attorney to find out the laws in your state. There are also legal aid non profits that can give you advice on what to do to stop a garnishment or bank account seizure.

You should also look at California SB458. With the passage of SB458, the Expanded Anti-Deficiency Law May Have Unintended Consequences on Ventura County Short Sales. So Please read
For Disclosure, and more information on Mortgage Assistance Relief Services, please see Code 16 of Federal Regulations (FTC), Part 322, or , and always consult your CPA, Accountant, Financial Advisor and Attorney before you any financial or legal decisions. Also see
To Read More: Click here.
Income Property Info Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment