That was the first thing that popped into our head. But, I knew there are more benefits to a home owner than simply better credit. So I put together the entire list and here they are.
Discover how other sellers successfully did a short sale to avoid foreclosure by clicking here.
1. The upside down debt is erased in most cases. If you are selling because of a financial hardship, then the upside down debt will be automatically erased in most cases. Is your loan is owned or insured by the following agencies: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and or VA? If you are short selling because of a financial hardship, their policies state that your debt will be erased.
2. You are eligible to buy another home much sooner compared to a foreclosure. The most common loan program, Fannie Mae, stipulates that you can buy another home under their program in 2 years. FHA, a popular low down payment loan program stipulates that you can qualify for an FHA loan within 3 years.
3. No Cost To You. That is right. A short sale costs you nothing. All of the expenses are paid for by your lender. That includes the title insurance, any county taxes or fees on the sale, attorney fees, and the Real Estate Agent. If the lender foreclosed on the house and then tried to sell it, they would have to pay all the costs. So why not pay the costs with a short sale?
4. Your credit suffers less damage. Most people think that a short sale will be the kiss of death to their credit. That is the one big advantage of a short sale over a foreclosure.
Upon completion of the short sale, your credit score will drop between 50 and 100 points. However it will rebound fairly quickly. The other benefit is that you will have less debt. (A lot of debt hurts your credit score.) You will have a lower debt to income ratio, which will boost your credit.
In a couple of years your credit will be back to normal and you can buy another home. In addition, anything and everything bad on your credit can be fixed thru the dispute process.
5. You can often rent a comparable house for less than your former mortgage payment. In one example, a homeowner in foreclosure found a larger home. It even had a fenced backyard for their kid and a garage. Their prior mortgage payment was $1,500. They rented the nicer, bigger house for $850 a month.
6. You avoid the humiliation of a foreclosure.
7. You don’t have to pay rent during the short sale process. A short sale can take up to 6 or 9 months. Not all of them do. But, some do. If you aren’t concerned about your credit, then you can stop making your mortgage payments during the short sale. You can use the savings for the deposit on a rental.
Thinking about a short sale? I can help you short sale your property and never pay the bank another penny. Send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will contact you for a free consultation.
When we talk, I will explain how the process works in detail and answer any questions you may have. Or, if you prefer, you can call me at 805-208-0823
Discover how other sellers successfully completed a short sale and request a free consultation by clicking here.
Thinking about a loan modification? Our Ventura County loan modification kit has the instructions you will need to get a loan modification approved with your bank. Click here to request a copy.
Thanks for reading this, Chris B Johnson.
Chris B is a Real Estate Agent at Prudential California Realty.
Phone: 805-208-0823. email@example.com.
Certified HAFA Specialist, Certified Short Sale Specialist
Which way is the Real Estate Market Headed? Get a Market Snapshot of your neighborhood:
MLS Market Snapshot Has the Market Stabilized
View My homes for sale at www.ChrisBJohnsonRealtor.com.
Chris B Johnson provides HAFA Loan Modification and short sales help, Short Sales in Moorpark, Short Sales in Thousand Oaks, Short Sales in Westlake Village, Short Sales in Newbury Park, Short Sales in Camarillo, Short Sales in Santa Rosa Valley, Short Sales in Somis, Short Sales in Lake Sherwood, and Short Sales in Simi Valley California. Moorpark Loan Modification Help, Thousand Oaks Loan Modification Help, Westlake Village Loan Modification Help , Newbury Park Loan Modification Help, Camarillo Loan Modification Help, Santa Rosa Valley Loan Modification Help, Somis Loan Modification Help, Lake Sherwood Loan Modification Help, and Simi Valley Loan Modification Help, Moorpark short sales , Thousand Oaks short sales, Westlake Village short sales, Newbury Park short sales , Camarillo short sales, Santa Rosa Valley short sales, Somis short sales, Lake Sherwood short sales, and Simi Valley short sales. Moorpark Short Sale Realtor, Moorpark Short Sale Realtors, Short Sale Realtor. Ventura County CA Short Sales. Ventura County Realtor, Certified HAFA Specialist, Moorpark Short Sale Realtor, Thousand Oaks Short Sale Realtor, Westlake Village Short Sale Realtor, Newbury Park Short Sale Realtor, Camarillo Short Sale Realtor, Simi Valley Short Sale Realtor, Moorpark CA Short Sales, Thousand Oaks CA Short Sales, Westlake Village CA Short Sales, Newbury Park CA Short Sales, Camarillo CA Short Sales, Simi Valley CA Short Sales, Ventura County Foreclosure Help, Moorpark Foreclosure Help, Certified Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative Specialist, HAFA, HAMP. CA. DRE 10501699.You can find Ventura County Short Sale Realtor at 587 W. Los Angeles Avenue, Moorpark, CA. 93021Chris also specializes in loan modification assistance and short sales in Ventura County California. Ventura County Loan Modification Help, Ventura County short sales. Ventura County Short Sale Realtor, Short Sale Realtor. Ventura County CA Short Sales. Ventura County Realtor.
This information on Ventura County Short Sales: Copyright 2010 SFI Marketing Institute, LLC. All Rights Reserved. This is not intended as legal, technical, or tax advice. Please speak with a licensed professional before making any decision. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed as of the date of writing. The views expressed here are Chris B Johnson's personal views and do not reflect the views of Prudential California Realty.
This information on Seven Ways You Benefit From A Ventura County Short Sale is provided as a courtesy to our viewers to help them make informed decisions.